University History

His Holiness and Beatitude Catholicos Patriarch of all Georgia Ilia II has always been tentative towards the relationship between the science and the Church. With the blessing of his Holiness a decision was made to found a new hearth of higher education- a new university, which could protect the heritage and eccelesiastical traditions of Georgian science and at the same time would meet modern and international standards.

That’s how the Saint Andrew The First Called Georgian University was founded, based on national values serving the purpose of spiritual development, preservation of individuality and preparation of future scientists. Georgian University was founded in 2008 and first students were enrolled in the courses for postgraduate programmes such as Natural Sciences, Physics, Mathematics.
Since September 2010, our University welcomes students to various Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral programmes. Today up to 1500 students study at Georgian University. Currently there are two schools at the University:

  • School of Humanitarian Science and Law
  • School of Business, Computing and Social Sciences

Georgian University is a newly founded institution of higher education, which meets all the standards established by the Ministry of Education. The University has a distinguished infrastructure. It has modern rooms equipped with the latest and the most sophisticated technologies. Focus is on English Language. The University has a center for Foreign Languages.

Full and Associative Professors of Georgian University are leading specialists in various fields and represent both old and new generation.  Additionally, successful Georgian Scientists living abroad actively participate in the teaching process, lectures are also delivered by leading foreign specialists.